Saturday, August 1, 2009



Paul McClelland-Royal Cajun Dark-(summer, 2009)

01. It All Comes Out in the Wash (P. McClelland)

02. Forbidden Fruit (P. McClelland)

03. Rubber Check (T. Henry-P. McClelland)

04. 100 mph Down a One Way Street (P. McClelland)

05. Goin' Green Blues (P. McClelland)

06. A Temporary Thing (P. McClelland)

07. Catfish Alley (P. McClelland)

08. You Gonna Press Charges (P. McClelland)

09. Ramona (please don't go) (P. McClelland)

10. You Must Think I Give a Damn (P. McClelland)

11. I Don't Wanna Be Here Today (P. McClelland)

12. You Make a Monkey Out of Me (P. McClelland)


http://www.divshare.com/playlist/572137-740






The featured guitar on this and other collections: Paul's Gibson Les Paul, jr.





3 comments:

display said...

Damn Paul, after all of your easy going, good time vibes, I'm a bit shocked by "You Must Think I Give a Damn." Pretty strong stuff and delivered in such a way that it sounds like a life experience (though, I hope not). The stripped piano arrangement really works. A dozen more original tunes and recordings... just when do you sleep anyway?

Paul McClelland said...

Most of my lyric are about 50/50 life experience/imagination. I start off thinking about something that happened, and add to it here and there, proving that any good story could benefit from a bit of embellishment, but thanks for listening in and commenting.
I do get 8 hours of sleep, hold down a job, manage to stay married , and work on this music all at the same time, and the secret is easy. 1. marry a supportive person who collaborates on your music from time to time 2. Get a job that is similar to your hobby/obsession, in my case, audio producer for a local ad agency. This is where the work seems like fun and the fun is something you can work at, if that makes any sense. The lyric/ music writing is easy. I write all of the time. As far as recording, I do what I read Randy Newman had to do, make myself work, or nothing would ever get done. So I actually book studio time in my little home studio in 4-hr. blocks, and get it done, since I already hear the parts and the mix in my head before I start the session. You would be surprised at how much music one can get done with 4 hours of uninterrupted focused studio time. That's my regimen, and it works for me, and maybe not for others. Again, thank you so much for checking out the latest music. Paul

display said...

So, my own personal method of hoping I'll get up and do something - then not doing it - is probably not the best way to go? If I actually had any results, I could show you how well my method works. As it stands, all I have for proof is a 2X butt.